Thursday, April 1, 2010

(Audio)Book Pick of the Week

For the first in hopefully a long line of weekly book pics, I've decided to back to one of my all time favorites. Michael E. Gerber's "The E-Myth Revisited" is one of those books that should be a requirement before you start your own business.

A good friend of mine gave me a copy of this book over 5 years ago. Since then, I've read the paperback, and listened to the audiobook several times. There is a timeless quality to the way Michael describes the lessons here, which makes this just as relevant now as it was when I first read it.

The book describes the entrepreneurial myth that everyone working for someone else believes very strongly in. It's the belief that being good at your job automatically means you'd be even better at running your own business.  The style of storytelling used here really makes a potentially dry subject come to life, which in turns really makes the lessons stick.

Before you start your own business, you owe it to yourself to read this book. If you're already an entrepreneur, it's never too late to learn some valuable lessons. Follow the links below to pick up your copy of either the audiobook or the dead tree version.

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Business Don't Work and What to Do About It
 - Audiobook


The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It - Paperback

1 comment:

  1. Keep these coming Eric. E-Myth is annual must-read for me and I think it's saved my life more than once!
    www.danfriesen.ca
    www.myservicecompany.ca

    ReplyDelete